False Advertising announce the release the limited edition 7” Single ‘Give It Your Worst’ on Too Pure Singles Club this June. Featuring the as-yet unheard B-Side and future new-grunge-anthem ‘Scars’ on medicinal-green vinyl.
Recorded by Chris Warr in fellow band member Jen Hingley’s dad’s garage in Oxfordshire and produced by the band themselves. Give It Your Worst is fuzz-laden and gritty, shedding light on a tumultuous time that the band experienced last year. Both sides of the release showcase the band’s knack for instrument-swapping, with ‘Give It Your Worst’ featuring Chris on guitar up front, and ‘Scars’ seeing them switch with Jen coming forward from behind the drum-kit and taking the lead. Backed up and unified by Josh Sellers’ characterful bass parts all the way through.
“Sadly, just before writing the Brainless EP my family went through something very unfortunate” mentions Jen, “Which ended up turning mine and the band's world upside down for a few months. Give it Your Worst and Scars were written from out of that fraught place, but with a large dose of added sarcasm - I suppose that’s our way of dealing with stress”.
With artwork by band-member Jen Hingley, a graphic designer by day (who has worked with the likes of Royal Blood, The Charlatans and Franz Ferdinand). The release showcases the full extent of the band’s DIY-chops. Orchestrated by Too Pure Singles club and mastered by Sean Magee at Abbey Road.
A. Give It Your Worst
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.