is the first release in a new multi-part series of solo releases by the Wolf Eyes frontman Nate Young. An evolution from the previous Regression material, taking in elements of classic synth soundtracks, ambient and electronic body music, but filtered through a typically off-centre Michigan underground sensibility.
In the Regression series–Regression (2009), Stay Asleep (2011), Other Days (2012), Blinding Confusion (2013)–Young drew a compositional aesthetic from Italian library music and musique concrète. Since then, he has been interpreting the traditional musical methods of rhythm and melody into complex synthesizer compositions. These songs were commonly made as a distraction from grief, seasonal depression, and isolation. Sometimes severely ridiculous and unrelenting; other times slow, sparse and strange; this material didn’t fit in with the Regression series. It was archived and unreleased until now.
Nate Young is a Detroit-based musician working in experimental electronic sound for over twenty years. In 1998, Young founded legendary noise group Wolf Eyes. Solo and as Wolf Eyes, Young has toured the world, released countless records, collaborated with Anthony Braxton and Marshall Allen, and inspired a generation of electronic musicians. Recent accomplishments include performing his compositions with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, and creating Trip Metal Fest, an annual free experimental music festival in Detroit that has brought luminaries such as Morton Subotnick and the Art Ensemble of Chicago to Detroit. In 2016, Young co-created (with John Olson) Lower Floor Music with assistance from iconic electronic label Warp Records.
01. In The Shadow Of
02. Mindless Voices
03. The Weeping Babe
04. Crumpled Body
05. Vents Of Blue
06. Dribbling Insane
08. On Repeat
Download card bonus track
09. Pardon The Mess
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.