Christine and the Queens is Nantes-born Heloïse Letissier. Moving to London to study in 2010, Letissier instead found herself drawn to the art and theatre underworld of Soho, where she met the drag queens of Madame JoJo's who inadvertently helped birth Christine and the Queens. The following year she released the first of a series of three EPs, each one building praise and demand for her utterly individual brand of pop.
'Chaleur Humaine', her French-language debut album produced by Ash Workman (Metronomy) with multi-instrumentalist brothers Michael Lovett and Gabriel Stebbing, arrived in 2014 and has already gone more than five-times platinum to propel Letissier - named Female Artist of the Year at the Victoires de la Musique earlier this year - to phenomenon status in her homeland.
Already coveted by those in the know, last year Christine and the Queens took a step further into the international spotlight with a number of high profile European shows and scene-stealing performances at SXSW, a major 16-date North American run with Marina and The Diamonds and a solo sold-out headline show at New York's Webster Hall. She capped a stunning year by joining one of her all time heroes Madonna on stage in Paris.
She released her debut, self-titled UK EP and now 'Chaleur Humaine' makes its long-awaited UK debut. The album features EP tracks 'Jonathan' (featuring Perfume Genius) and 'No Harm Is Done' (featuring Tunji Ige), and has been completely reworked for its UK release, featuring all-new English versions of French runaway hits 'Saint Claude' and 'Christine', amongst others.
+ Limited stocks of Indie-shop-only edition on blue coloured vinyl, bundled with the album on CD format as well.
Narcissus Is Back
Nuit 17 À 52
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.