Completely new stuff from UK music royalty Graham Coxon: the debut original soundtrack score from the Channel 4/Netflix series ‘The End of the F***ing World’. 16 totally new tracks.
Recorded in Graham’ home studio in Summer 2017 the album was written, composed and performed by Coxon and marks his original soundtrack debut. The first track to be released from the album is titled 'Walking All Day'.
The project saw Coxon write over 40 original pieces for the show. He said:
“There were days were I wrote and finished three or four new songs in a single day. It was mental, I’ve never worked to that kind of schedule before. But the creative process around observation and interpretation is one that is very familiar to me. I feel very comfortable reacting to things and adding my bit.
And this show particularly appealed to both my appreciation of dark music as well as my dark sense of humour. It felt like a good fit.”
'The End of the F****ing World' is an eight part darkly comic TV series based on the 2011 graphic novel by Charles Forsman which follows teenage runaways James and Alyssa (Alex Lawther and Jessica Barden) as they embark on a road trip across England. Directed by Jonathan Entwhislte and Lucy Tcherniak, the critically acclaimed series is described by Noisey as “Richard Ayoade's Submarine meets David Lynch's Wild At Heart with a splash of Black Mirror's bleakness and ink-black humour thrown in.”
Chiefly known as the guitarist in Blur, Graham has also played saxophone and drums on many Blur tracks. He composed 1997's “You're So Great” and sang vocals and composed much of the band's 1999 hit single “Coffee & TV”. Blur’s latest release, the 2015 album ‘The Magic Whip’, which Graham produced alongside Stephen Street, debuted at Number 1 in the UK album chart.
Disc 1 - Side A
- Walking All Day / 2. Angry Me / 3. Flashback / 4. In My Room / 5. Bus Stop
Disc 1 - Side B
- Beach 2 / 2.SaturdayNight / 3. Car Garage 2 / 4. It's All Blue
Disc 2 - Side A
- Detectivez / 2. Lost Mutantz / 3. Field / 4. Morning Star
Disc 2 - Side B
- Roaming Star / 2. Television Cop / 3. There's Something in the Way That You Cry
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.