Light in the Attic Records is beyond excited to announce a series of exclusive vinyl and digital singles, featuring some of their favourite contemporary artists covering their favourite songs. Housed in a custom jacket designed by L.A.-based artist Robbie Simon, each 7” in the series is pressed on special coloured vinyl and features the original version as the b-side.
The series launches with Mac DeMarco covering one of his biggest musical idols, Haruomi Hosono. Having referenced him in numerous interviews and on his album covers, DeMarco now pays direct homage to the Japanese legend with his sincere take on 'Honey Moon', originally released on Tropical Dandy in 1975. DeMarco effortlessly sings the original lyrics in Japanese, while maintaining his own unmistakable cool.
Haruomi “Harry” Hosono is a towering figure in the history of modern Japanese music. From the groundbreaking folk rock of 'Happy End' and the pioneering techno pop of 'Yellow Magic Orchestra', to the countless influential solo works that have touched on exotica, funk, country, electronic, ambient, and everything in between. Fresh from his celebrated solo London debut at the Barbican Centre for Light In The Attic’s ‘Sweet 16’ celebration, Hosono will see his key works reissued by Light In The Attic starting this August – the first time these highly influential and sought-after albums will be available outside Japan.
A) Honey Moon - Mac DeMarco
B) Honey Moon - Haruomi Hosono
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.